October 03, 2011

Old Hollywood Glamour

 A Glamorous life


The glamorous live of Hollywood is something I can really dream about. These shots were made with so much care and fantastic props, it's really catching to watch these. I know special lights and techniques were used those days and hard to accomplish now. To have some nice high contrast and still soft Hollywood light, they used Fresnel theater lights and probably creamed in the lens with Vaseline :-)
Ladies were ment to have curves and old Hollywood was happy to show those curves. Makes me wish i was born in the 30's.

Imagine, walk down the street and spot Frank Sinatra, Clark Gable, Debra Paget, Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe, Natalie Wood, Veronica Lake, Audrey Hepburn, Rita Hayworth, Humphrey Bogart, Marlon Brando, James Dean, Cary Grant.........when it really was "tinsel town"".......Ooohhhhh :-)

Well I won't cream in my lens with vaseline for sure to be in that tinsel town hehe, but I would like to try out these inspirational shots one day.



Jean Harlow

Jean Harlow

Ann Sheridan

1940's Vogue

Jean Harlow

Jean harlow

Mary Pickford


Joan Blondell

Natalie Wood

By Michael Malak


By Mark Glenn Studio






5 comments:

  1. AWESOME PHOTOS...I ALSO LOVE RETRO AND OLD HOLLYWOOD GLAM! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..I'M LOVIN' LOOKING AT IT... gle

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fifth-to-the-last photo is of the great Mary Pickford (the woman who founded the United Artists company, the first actress to have her handprints in Hollywood's cement, the first actor to receive a share of the profits of her films, first actor to own her own production company, winner of both an Oscar and an Honorary Oscar)--not Ann Sheridan. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this great info, I'm glad you like my photos. please feel free to assist me if I ever credit wrong :-)

      Delete
    2. it's true, it's Mary Pickford not Ann Sheridan...

      Delete
  3. The photo of Jean Harlow was from the 1930's. Jean Harlow died on June 7, 1937. I thought I would pass that little bit of info on to you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome, I read each and everyone one of them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...